Thursday, September 3, 2009

Love at first sight...

I was on facebook, like I always am, when I saw one of my "friends" was pregnant and she put "I never knew love at fist sight existed until I saw this (being her ultrasound picture)". Don't get me wrong I am happy for her but I have a huge problem with her statement. It may be petty and maybe I don't understand because I don't have kids but in some strange way this statement offended me. I am not sure why. I do know love at first sight. I had it with each of my dogs, I know I had it with my parents when they first held me and I had it with my friends children when I first saw them.
I just think her statement is false. I understand her excitement but really did she have to put that? What does her husband think of that it is like she cares more about the baby in her womb then her husband or anyone else.
I am sure I am being stupid, but I just don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment